Term & Conditions
"Travelomap.com" is a hotel reservation system ("Reservation System") offered by Asiacove. Inc. ("Asiacove") for use by Users as defined in Article 1 below.
Users are kindly requested to read this Terms of Service document (this "TOS") in using the Reservation System. When Users use this Reservation System, they represent to Asiacove that they agree to this TOS.
Users are not required to pay any fees in order to use the Reservation System.
Article 1 (Users)
In this TOS, any and all persons who use the Reservation System are defined as "Users".
Article 2 (Scope)
This TOS shall apply to Users in relation to the Reservation System. Upon using the Reservation System, Users are regarded to have agreed to this TOS, and are committed to comply with this TOS in good faith.
Article 3 (Service Description of Reservation System)
Users are entitled to the following services free of cost, as part of the Reservation System:
1. Searching and obtaining information on hotels and other accommodation providers ("Hotels") registered on the Reservation System.
2. Reservation of Hotels registered on the Reservation System.
3. Cancellation of reservations of Hotels registered on the Reservation System.
Article 4 (Limited Involvement of Asiacove)
Any negotiations between the Hotels providers and Users, including confirmations and cancellations of reservation of Hotels (including collection of cancellation fees) shall be conducted directly between the Hotels providers and Users. Asiacove shall not, in principle, interfere with such negotiations, provided, however, that if Users use the "pre-payment service via credit card" as prescribed in Article 6, Paragraph 2 herein to pay for a Hotel's fee, Asiacove shall be involved in payment of fees, cancellation and change of reservation, in accordance with such method as prescribed in Articles 6 to 8.
Article 5 (Usage or Reservation System by Third Person)
Users are responsible for administering information granted by Asiacove on their reservations, such as reservation numbers, and each User agrees that, if a third party accesses the Reservation System using that User's Reservation Information, any usage by such third party will be attributed to that User. Asiacove assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any damage incurred resulting from such third party access.
Article 6 (Method of Payment)
Payment of the fee for Hotels reserved through the Reservation System must be made by Users by either of the following methods: on-site payment or pre-payment service via credit card.
1. On-site payment
Under this payment method, Users pay fees directly to the Hotels when they attend the Hotels.
2. Pre-payment service via credit card
(1) Under this payment method, Users pay the Hotels' usage fees to Asiacove in advance through a credit card company using a credit card that has been specified separately to this TOS between Users and Asiacove.
(2) The credit cards Users may use under the preceding Item shall be in their personal names.
(3) Users must not perform improper acts with any credit cards specified under Item (1) above, such as using credit cards of others, entering false information, and other acts deemed inappropriate by Asiacove. Asiacove may seek compensation against Users for any damage resulting from such acts.
(4) If any service fees, taxes other than consumption tax (such as hotel tax, bath tax: the "Hotel Taxes"), food bills and fees not included in the package (such as fare for children) need to be paid in addition to the usage fee and option fees charged by the Hotels when the Users make reservations through the Reservation System, Users must pay the prescribed amount directly to the Hotels. Note that, in certain packages, Hotel Taxes are paid by the credit card specified under Item (1) above.
Article 7 (Cancellation)
Users must complete the following cancellation procedures in order to cancel their reservations after they have made official reservations with the Hotels. Arrangements for cancellation fees are subject to the cancellation policies of Hotels and, with the exception of the express representations below, Asiacove does not assume any role or responsibility, nor does it make any other representations, whatsoever in relation to such arrangements.
1. In case of on-site payment
(1) If Users wish to cancel their reservations, they may use the Reservation System, or contact the Hotels directly, to go through the cancellation procedures. In such case, the cancellation fees which Users incur pursuant to the rules for fees prescribed by such Hotels, shall be paid by Users directly to the Hotels. The period during which Users may cancel reservations made via the Reservation System varies depending on the Hotels. Users must communicate any notifications of cancellation, after the cancellation period, directly to the Hotels.
(2) Asiacove assumes no responsibility to compensate Users or the Hotels for deposit monies (which may or may not be requested by the Hotels) paid or owed, or for any cancellation fees.
(3) In the event that a User does not attend at a Hotel which he/she reserved, without cancelling his/her reservation, the User must pay cancellation fees in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Hotel. Users must pay cancellation fees in such case directly to the Hotels, as in Item 1 above.
2. In case of pre-payment service via credit card
(1) Cancellation of reservations shall be effected through the Reservation System. In such case, cancellation fees incurred in accordance with the cancellation policy prescribed by the Hotels shall be collected from the credit card used to make the reservation, through the credit card company. The cancellation period for reservations made using the Reservation System shall be from the date the reservation is made until the check-in date under the reservation.
(2) In the event that a User does not attend at a Hotel which he/she reserved, without cancelling the reservation, Asiacove may collect the Hotel usage fee paid by such User in whole.
(3) Where cancellation fees are charged in accordance with the cancellation policy prescribed by the Hotels, and cancellation is approved more than six (6) months after the reservation is made using the pre-payment service via credit card, Asiacove shall refund, to a bank account designated by the User, the difference between the Hotel usage fee paid by the User and the cancellation fees. Provided, however, that the bank account designated by the User shall be in the User's personal name (excluding a bank account of Korean Bank. For the purpose of this TOS, all references in this TOS to "the bank account" designated by the User and in his/her own personal name shall exclude any accounts of Korean Bank).
(4) Where cancellation fees are charged in accordance with the cancellation policy prescribed by the Hotels, but those fees cannot be collected from the credit card used to make the reservation (for reasons, including but not limited to, credit limits and credit card expiry), Asiacove shall refund, to a bank account designated by the User, the difference between the Hotel usage fee paid by User and the cancellation fees. Provided, however, that the bank account designated by the User shall be in the User's personal name.
(5) Where the cancellation fees are not incurred in accordance with the cancellation policy prescribed by the Hotel, Asiacove shall refund to the User the Hotel usage fee which the User paid, through the credit card company. Provided, however, that if the cancellation is approved more than six (6) months after the reservation is made using the pre-payment service via credit card, Asiacove shall refund, to the bank account designated by the User, the Hotel usage fee paid by the User. Provided, however, that the bank account designated by the User shall be in the User's personal name.
(6) The User, as the account holder, shall bear the full expense of any commission expenses (including but not limited to bank transfer fees) incurred by Asiacove due to refund of usage fees to the account holder, pursuant to the proviso of the above Items (3), (4) or (5), and Asiacove shall issue all refunds of usage fees less such commission.
(7) Where the refund is required following the User's completion of cancellation procedures pursuant to the proviso of the above Items (3), (4) or (5), remittance shall not be made in the following cases:
(a) If various e-mails sent by Asiacove that are necessary for remittance procedures do not reach the e-mail address registered by the User;
(b) If the User cannot complete the procedures or acts necessary to receive remittance within the period designated by Asiacove on the ground that various e-mails transmitted by Asiacove that are necessary for remittance procedures are delayed or undelivered due to reception environment of the e-mail address registered by the User;
(c) If the User refuses to receive remittances;
(d) If Asiacove has instructed that remittances be made to the User's designated bank account, and such remittances are not made; or,
(e) If a person who does not have the right to receive the remittance receives, by mistake, various e-mails transmitted by Asiacove that are necessary for the remittance procedures, for any reason (excluding cases not attributable to the User).
Article 8 (Change in Reservation)
Users must complete the following procedures in order to change their reservation details after they have made official reservations with the Hotels.
1. In case of on-site payment
The User must cancel reservations through the Reservation System or the Reservation Estimate System and make a new reservation, or contact Hotels directly to complete the change procedures.
2. In case of pre-payment service via credit card
(1) If a User changes his/her reservation after the reservation has been confirmed with the Hotel and such changes to the reservation result in an increase in the amount of payment required, the User must make any additional payments (e.g. addition to the number of persons, or additional services) by contacting the Hotel directly and completing the change procedures, and the User must make the additional payment directly to the Hotel.
(2) Changes to a reservation which occur after the reservation has been confirmed with the Hotel and which result in a reduction in the amount of payment (e.g. reduction in the number of rooms or nights of the reservation), must be made by Users through the Reservation System. Payments to be made after the change (including cancellation fees incurred upon the change in accordance with the clauses and the agreement prescribed by Hotel) shall be collected from the credit card used to make the reservation, through the credit card company. Changes may be made through the Reservation System until the check-in date under the reservation.
(3) If the payment amount is reduced as result of a change in the reservation, and the payment cannot be collected by the method prescribed in (2) above (for reasons, including but not limited to, credit limits and credit card expiry), Asiacove will refund the difference between the usage fee of the Hotel before the change and the payment required after the change, to the bank account designated by the User. Provided, however, that the bank account designated by the User shall be in the User's personal name.
Article 9 (Cautions)
1. The availability and room rates of the Hotels published on the Reservation System may differ from the reservation/hotel information provided by such Hotels via other means.
2. The availability and room rates of the Hotels published on the Reservation System may differ from the reservation/hotel information provided by Asiacove via other means. Room rates on the Reservation System may be changed by Hotels. In such case, the amended room rates apply only to persons who made reservations after such change, and the original room rates shall apply to persons who already made their reservations prior to the change.
3. Hotel information and accommodation information on the Reservation System shall be provided directly and independently by the Hotels which have registered with the Reservation System, and Asiacove assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the hotel information and accommodation information provided.
4. If Asiacove considers the contact details registered by a User to be fraudulent, Asiacove may declare the reservation void, upon request by the Hotel.
Article 10 (Copyright)
1. Users are prohibited from using, by any means, any and all information and files provided by the Reservation System beyond the scope of private usage by Users as stipulated in the Copyright Act without permission from Asiacove.
2. Users are prohibited from letting a third party use or disclose any and all information and files provided by the Reservation System, by any means, without permission from Asiacove.
3. If any disputes arise in relation to the provisions of this Article, Users shall be responsible for settling such disputes at their own expense. In doing so, Users must not cause any damage to Asiacove or any third party.
Article 11 (Termination or Suspension of Service)
Asiacove may terminate or suspend its management of the Reservation System without any prior notice if any of events below occur. In such case, Asiacove shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any damage incurred by Users due to the termination or suspension of its management of the Reservation System.
1. Regular or urgent maintenance of the Reservation System.
2. War, riot, insurrection, labor disputes, earthquake, explosion, flood, seismic sea wave, fire, electric power outage, or other emergencies, in which cases the Reservation System can no longer function properly.
3. Facts which amount to a violation of this TOS, for which Asiacove considers termination or suspension necessary.
4. Other cases where Asiacove deems a temporary suspension necessary for the management of the Reservation System.
Article 12 (Indemnification)
1. Asiacove shall not be liable for its failure to provide its services due to problems with third parties such as providers or computer systems.
2. If any disputes between Users and any third parties (including other Users) arise from the provision of the Reservation System or its contents/information, Asiacove and the relevant Users shall respond to such disputes in good faith.
Article 13 (Prohibited Activities)
1. Users shall not perform the following acts when using the Reservation System:
(1) Any action which infringes, or may infringe, other Users', third parties', or Asiacove 's copyrights or other rights;
(2) Any action which infringes, or may infringe, other Users', third parties', or Asiacove 's property rights or privacy;
(3) In addition to (2) and (3) above, any act that is or may be disadvantageous, or that causes or may cause damage to other Users, third parties or Asiacove;
(4) Any action which is against the public order and morality, or any action that has the potential to have such quality;
(5) Criminal acts or acts which lead, or may lead, to criminal acts;
(6) Acts for the purpose of conducting business using the Reservation System or with regard to the Reservation System, or in preparation for operating such business, without Asiacove's approval;
(7) Illegal conduct at reservation;
(8) Reservation using false information;
(9) Creation or distribution of computer viruses through the Reservation System, or the use of virus programs in connection with the Reservation System;
(10) Acts which violate, or may violate, laws or ordinances; and,
(11) Other acts that Asiacove considers inappropriate.
2. If any act in the preceding Paragraph is detected, Asiacove may take any necessary action, such as the cancellation of Users' reservations without notification. Users must take uttermost care not to cause damage to third parties and Asiacove, and in the event that a User does cause damage to third parties or Asiacove, they must accept any and all legal responsibility and liability.
Article 14 (Environmental Settings in Using Reservation System)
The Reservation System must be used with appropriate general settings of text display and mail. If the settings are not set at a general level, Asiacove shall not be liable for the effect on a computer's operation or problems resulting from the inappropriate setting. In addition, Asiacove shall not be liable for any malfunction in the Reservation System due to OS or LAN environment, or inappropriate devices used.
Article 15 (Use of Personal Information)
1. Asiacove shall only use Users' personal information obtained in the course of business for one or more of the following purposes.
(1) To provide information on Users' reservations to Hotels reserved by Users;
(2) To improve Asiacove's services;
(3) To communicate with Users, if necessary;
(4) To inquire as to Users' experiences with Asiacove or their preferences, or to make various reports to its business partners (facilities) or Asiacove itself (by methods which cannot identify a User individually, such as by aggregate analysis of Users' attributes);
(5) To meet a credit card company's request for disclosure for good reason such as investigation of the use of a credit card by a third party in relation to the use of pre-payment service via credit card; and,
(6) To prevent misuse of services or Hotels related to the Reservation System, or unauthorized purchase of products.
2. With regard to Users' personal information obtained by Asiacove in the course of business, Asiacove will provide personal information to third parties such as its business partners (facilities) only in the following circumstances.
(1) When Asiacove has obtained the User's consent;
(2) When it is necessary to achieve the objectives in the preceding Paragraph 1;
(3) When Asiacove is requested by police, prosecutors, a court, bar associations or other institutions with equivalent authority, for the purpose of criminal investigations; and,
(4) When there exists an urgent need to do so in order to protect Users' life, person or property.
3. The only items of personal information which may be provided by Asiacove to a third party will be information such as information on Users' reservation or information collected when a User uses the services provided by Asiacove. Such information will be provided by such means, including computer-based, electronic and print media, under Asiacove's control.
4. Asiacove will, upon a User's request, suspend the provision of personal information if such provision may identify a User to a third party (provided, however, that such User may consequentially become unable to use some services provided by Asiacove).
5. Users' credit card information used to make pre-payment via credit card shall be sent directly to the payment service company and the credit card company.
Article 16 (Corporation for Investigation)
Asiacove may ask a User, upon business necessity, about the room rates of a Hotel which the User reserved through the Reservation System. In such case, Asiacove's researcher shall identify himself/herself.
Article 17 (Governing Law, Jurisdiction)
This TOS shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the court that has jurisdiction over the location where the head office is and the court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance over any disputes arising between Users and Asiacove in connection with this TOS.
Article 18 (Consultation in Good Faith)
Any matter not stipulated herein, or any question arising out of, or in connection with, this TOS shall be settled upon consultation between the relevant User and Asiacove in good faith.
Article 19 (Amendment, Renewal)
Asiacove may change or renew this TOS and Reservation System without obtaining Users' prior approval. Thus, Users are requested to complete and agree to this TOS each time they use the service. Only renewed TOS documents shall be effective after the renewal.